Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Ten Commandments for Entrepreneurs

Allen Morgan just completed his Ten Commandments for Entrepreneurs, which touch on a lot of themes we've heard at the first several 106 Miles meetings. They're worth a read:
  1. Do your homework, and contact the right person
  2. Be on time
  3. Tease, don't overwhelm
  4. Know your audience
  5. Create the "Aha" early
  6. Explain the idea by analogy to, or contrast with, older ideas
  7. Go with 13 or less slides
  8. Know what you don't know -- and admit it
  9. Be like Goldilocks, when it comes to competition
  10. Control the meeting -- but be smart about it

2 Comments:

Anonymous entrepreneurs said...

Hi ifindkarma,

One of the categories in my article directory is Business ... while searching for blogs on entrepreneurs, I discovered " Ten Commandments for Entrepreneurs ".

We all know that the best content on the internet is created by bloggers ... unbiased first hand knowledge, experiences and opinions.

As someone who may be interested in entrepreneurs, I believe you will find our Business section to be of interest. I am always looking for bloggers to contribute articles and help me to build the directory to everyone's benefit. As a contributor, you get the recognition of having your article published and seen by thousands of web users. The pride and satisfaction of seeing your article published in a prestige directory is hard to beat.

Not all of us are gifted with the ability to write to professional standards of grammatical correctness ... as a result, many bloggers don't bother to have their articles published.

I welcome an informal style of writing that matches your personality and fits in with your article content. I also appreciate articles that are uniquely based on your individual experiences, talents and ideas. All I request is that your content does not contain vulgar language, incite hatred or generally offensive.

Without any obligation ... please come over and have a look at my blog articles directory for yourself.

Best Regards
Emily

8:16 AM  
Blogger Helping People Live Their Dreams said...

I read your blog about home based business.
Thanks. My blog isn't quite ready yet, but I
have a site about home based business.
I love to give information too so come on by
if you get some free time.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home